Essentrics® is a unique non-impact, full-body workout that works your muscles at full extension. The technique rapidly improves your posture and changes the shape of your body developing lean, strong and flexible muscles. Re-balance your body, unlock tight joints and prevent injury with this body weight, equipment-free workout. It is helpful for people who need to keep or regain mobility or strength as well as dancers and athletes wishing to improve performance, heal from or prevent injuries. You’ll feel healthier, younger and more energized.
Improve your flexibility, dexterity and concentration with this dynamic barre class. Integrating different movement techniques including dance, strength training and cardio, you’ll feel both inspired and challenged.
Essentrics® Release & Restore
Based on the best selling book and PBS special, Aging Backwards. Regain your mobility while slowly building strength and reawakening the power of your 650 muscles. Ideal for men and women of all ages, this class has a slower pace than our general Essentrics® classes. Release & Restore is designed for those who have atrophy-related stiffness or a frozen shoulder, have chronic aches and pains, are beginning to exercise after a long sedentary period, or are new to the Essentrics® method.
Well Being Yoga
This gentle class begins on the floor, and may include a few standing positions, or slow flowing sequences. Through the pairing of stillness, deep lengthening, and micro-movements, explore your unique alignment and intuition. Honing awareness cultivate breath, balance and suppleness, coming to a greater understanding of your own well-being.
Morning Flow 45 & Flow Yoga
All-levels classes that encourage finding the connection of breath and movement in a safe, and uplifting environment.
Morning Flow 45 is a forty five minute balanced and energetic kick start to your day. Flow yoga is an hour long class that blends flowing yoga sequences with opportunities of depth and reflection for a truly dynamic practice.
These classes are designed to increase stability and balance in the body, release tension in the muscles, and promote an uplifting energetic flow in the body.
Core Strength & Stretch
This dynamic class focuses on balancing strength and length in opposing muscle groups and decompressing the joints throughout the body to promote optimal sports performance. By simultaneously stretching and strengthening the muscles eccentrically and decompressing the joints, both men and women will experience improved balance, control and power. The results can lead not only to a higher level of performance but also to a longer career by preventing injuries and rehabilitating old ones. From the professional athletes to the sports novice – this class will offer cross training benefits at any level of your game.
This class is perfect for anyone wanting :
- INJURY PREVENTION- by focusing in eccentric muscle strengthening to protect your body from unexpected twists, turns and stresses of your sport.
- REHABILITATION OF OLD INJURIES - by strengthening the core, correcting posture imbalances. Strengthening weak areas and lengthening tight areas, creating a balanced body and alleviating pain and tightness from injuries.
- SPORTS PERFORMANCE - by training the deep stabilizing muscles, decompressing joints and preparing the tendons to withstand the demands of your sport - making you a stronger, faster, and controlled athlete
- ADD LONGEVITY TO YOUR BODY- by keeping your joints and spine strong and flexible, you will be able to perform at a peak level for longer.”
- IMPROVED BALANCE, COORDINATION, AND FLEXIBILITY - balance, coordination, and flexibility play key roles in being a well-rounded athlete. A successful athlete is not just strong or fast, which is how some men train for their game. You must be agile and light on your toes to be the complete package.
Pilates is a core-focused workout that’s both gentle and intense. Designed to strengthen your abdominal muscles it will improve your posture, strength, coordination and flexibility. Using safe, healthy movement, you’ll develop better stability, body awareness, improve your mental power and endurance
BYOB (Bring Your Own Baby) Yoga- is the all-levels yoga class specifically designed for moms and their little ones (ages new born - crawling only, please!) Babies are welcome to snooze in their car seat or hang out on the floor while mom is taking some much-deserved time for herself in class. (No extra drop in for your crawling companion!)
Body Rolling as myofascial release is a therapeutic technique that uses body work tools to address myofascial discomfort, adhesion, contractual trigger knots, and myofascial trigger points. This class will help develop a deeper relationship with ones body, teaching how to maintain mobility and health. Benefits include improved posture, increased flexibility, pain relief, and more.